Next Friday is the deadline for Mohawk’s employee recognition award nominations.
The Mohawk Awards of Excellence recognize faculty, staff and teams who go above and beyond in making our college a great place to learn and work.
We present up to 10 Awards of Excellence each year. All the recipients are then in the running for President’s Awards of Excellence.
It only takes a few minutes to make an online nomination. Mohawk’s Executive Group reviews all the nominees and has the difficult task of deciding who to recognize.
The awards are then presented before a full house during our annual President’s Breakfast in late August. Every recipient receives a framed award.
Last year, Awards of Excellence were presented to:
- Kathy Hicks for her outstanding work with students as the Collaboratory’s team lead
- Marla Robinson for her leadership in connecting our college with academically at-risk youth
- Robert Gerritsen for his mentoring of students in Mohawk’s Additive Manufacturing Resource Centre
- Melanie Graham for supporting Early Childhood Education students on their field placements
- Hetal Patel for her unwavering commitment to serving students in our School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Our Control Room Team in Facilities and Property Development for keeping our campuses cool in the summer and warm in the winter (Tony Scime, Rob Daniel, Kevin Buttrum, Brad Jordan, Brian Fitz, Glen Wojnar, Nicolar D’Aurizio, Alan McKee, Mike Flikkema, Steve Currie and Chris Hutchinson)
- Karen Moore for her leadership and financial acumen in balancing Mohawk’s books
- Kelvin Lee who takes his passion for Mohawk on the road as a Mohawk recruiter
- Debra Pearson for consistently delivering outstanding programs and services for our students
- And the Mohawk Access Team for removing barriers to post-secondary education for young people from priority neighbourhoods
President’s Awards of Excellence were given to Marla Robinson, Karen Moore, Kelvin Lee and the Mohawk Access Team.